History

1902

Union makes strength. Agricultural Cooperative

The Foundation of the Agricultural Syndicate and Rural Society emerged from the Cambrils cooperative movement and was formed by small and large land owners. It was the foundations of the current Agricultural Cooperative of Cambrils.

1915

Green vineyards by the sea

Work on a wine cellar began in order to respond to the increase in vineyards and the production of wine in the area. At the same time, the offer of farmers' olives was concentrated, which was then sold to five different private mills in the area.

1921

The wine of modernism

Inauguration of the Celler de Cambrils (currently the permanent site of the Agricultural Museum), an emblematic modernist building by Bernardí Martorell, student of Antoni Gaudí. It was inaugurated with a crop of more than 500,000 kilos. For economic reasons, the work could not be completed with the projected Modernist bell tower, because, in order to finance the building, 1800 mortgage bonds would have to be issued to members with an amortization period of twenty years.

1941

New oil mill

The oil mill, built by Casa Baró de Tortosa, began operation with a first harvest of 87,494 kilos of olive, mainly Arbequina. Since the first harvest, the oil was classified into two categories based on quality. A statement of intention.

1965

More production and more quality

The first important renovation of the facilities and the mill machinery was made to increase the performance and the capacity (12 t/day) of both, with improvements to the unloading system and a new system for measuring performance. The quality of the oil was also improved with a new blender.

1990

Renovation and first prizes

The mill was replaced by a new generation Westfalia - Fuentes Cardona (GEA) with two phases, with a capacity of 100 t/day, with the intention of obtaining a reference oil. The first distinction at the Spanish State level came with the Second Prize for Quality at the Expoliva Jaén Fair in 1997, and two awards, in 1999 and 2001, for the Best Extra Virgin Olive Oil awarded by the Spanish Ministry of Agriculture.

2003

New oil mill, looking towards the future

The new facilities were inaugurated on the road to Montbrió, with a modern three-way Westfalia GEA mill, which has a capacity of 400 t/day and its own laboratory and state-of-the-art technology. With this mill we can improve oil quality continuously. In 2006, we reaped the fruit of many years of research into excellence as the Ministry of Agriculture awarded us the prize for Best Extra Virgin Olive Oil, which is the most prestigious award in Spain.

2018

Our oil, with the highest distinction: the IFS certificate

After obtaining the ISO 9001 quality certification in 2012, the Cooperative made a step towards achieving the IFS certificate for the production and packaging of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, the highest quality distinction that there is worldwide.